7.04.2008

Fireworks, Baseball, Cookouts

It's late. Well, late in that it's almost 12:30 and I'm still in my pajamas, drinking my coffee. But that's the beauty of a holiday and I have no real reason to be mobile and cognizant earlier than I want these days, so why should I?

In any case, it's about time to wander down the park and be a little sociable. My neighborhood does a free cook-out every year and invites everyone to come down. Pretty cool. Good food. Chance to chat with the people you see out in their yards while you're walking, too.

Later, I'll be grilling the bounty that I brought back from the Farmer's Market yesterday: zuchinni, squash, tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, corn. Good stuff. I think we'll have hot dogs, too.

Fireworks and baseball last night; probably more fireworks and baseball tonight. And, because it's summer, darn it, I might finally get to the pool this weekend.

Happy July 4th!

No comments: