11.02.2008

It's Day Two . . .

And I finally have my idea for this year's Nano: a youth minister and his experiences with the children in his church. Interesting enough that I'll write this from a background I don't have (that of being male), but that I'm also considering writing it in a protestant church. Of course, I don't necessarily have experience as a youth minister, but I could be one, if I wanted, so I'm not so concerned about that.

Regardless, I may not be doing much writing at all this week: I sit for my computer-based APR exam this Friday and I've been severely lax in my studying. I've even avoided my books all weekend because it was just more fun to drive (I have the Miata, you see) than it would have been to study.

So, here are my goals for the week:
1) I don't have to work late.
2) My clients are their normal, non-demanding selves.
3) My car really doesn't need a new clutch and I don't have to go find a convertible to buy this week.
4) I can make up my Nano count this weekend at Jeffi's wedding. (It should only be about 12K by Sunday . . .)
5) Any other calamity which would seriously upset any hope at studying I've got.

And, I've already voted, so that won't be an issue. (Glad I did, too: 3.5 hours on Saturday. Wow.)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I think you're supposed to have shared last year's before you go write another! Oh, to have the free time to write this year. It will have to be 2011 for me. This school thing gets in the way too much. While you write fiction I'll be writing a research paper on income tax...wanna swap?