6.29.2011

Searching for Good Money Advice

If you know me, you know that I've long been a student of all things money, particularly ways to save it and keep it. Now, that doesn't mean I'm frugal. Far from it. In fact, I spend money when I'm blue and I love, love, love to not have to cook. Doesn't mean I don't like to cook. I just don't want to have to do it. So, needless to say, I like to eat out.

I'm happy that I've found these two great enewsletters recently, full of good money advice for women: DailyWorth and LearnVest. I've been a DailyWorth reader for more than a year now - a function of surviving during 14 months of unemployment - and I find their information fascinating and helpful, usually. LearnVest seems to be a little less helpful . . . but I'm reserving final judgement. I've only been a subscriber for a just over a month.

In any case, if you're on the lookout for good advice, check out DailyWorth and LearnVest. And, if I can keep up this semi-regular blog again, keep a lookout for more posts on money! 'Cause hey: we all want it, we all need it, so what are we going to do with it?

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm a fan of Dave Ramsey...attended his Financial Peace University with my hubby 1 year ago or so and it really changed the way we do our budget & plan for our future. We're finishing up our debt snowball right now...feels so good! :) I'll check out those newsletters too. Thanks!

Liz said...

Christy,

I've often wondered whether Dave Ramsey could teach me anything that I don't in theory already know. But, so glad to hear that it's worked for you! Don't know anyone else who has been, so it's good to hear from someone who has. Hope you're well!