10.23.2007

Mostly good . . .

Yep, despite my funk on the way home today, it was a pretty good day today. Got some nice props at work. And, perhaps the bigger news: IT RAINED.

That's right. I said IT RAINED.

Can you tell we're in a drought here in good ol' North Carolina? In fact, it's an Exceptional Drought in this area. The highest level of drought possible. Learn more here. The new map updates at 8:30 a.m. EST on Thursdays. There's rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. 90% tomorrow, 60% for Thursday and Friday. Maybe our map will change on Thursday morning, but I doubt that we'll get that much tonight and tomorrow.

It's funny to me that the sound of rain is so foreign these days that I have to check to see if it really is rain. You know, one of those things where you have to check to make sure, because you haven't heard rain in so long?

Yep, it was pouring at about 7 p.m. this evening, and I had to go OUTSIDE to make sure it really was rain. Told a couple of friends I wanted to go play in it.

Alas, it didn't last that long.

I would have, if for no other reason than to say that I played in the rain again. Yeah, it's something I've done in my life before, but it's not something I do nearly enough and given that it's not rained in a long time, it's the first thing that popped to mind.

Maybe I'll get to play in the rain tomorrow. And Thursday. And Friday.

:)

1 comment:

sarahsouth said...

growing up in california, we had a motto "if it's yellow, let it mellow. if it's brown, flush it down."

i re-adopted that motto recently...