5.27.2005

Getting started . . .

Ok, so for the record, I'm new to this. And, I can't say that I'm really familiar with blogs, but I'm very intrigued, so I figured I'd set one up.

Besides, it provides the chance to have some interesting conversations and fulfill my writing muse's recent and desperate pleas.

Why "My Particular Harbour?" Well, since I've been pondering this blog for a week or two, I've been trying to come up with a really great name. I think this one fits the bill. The idea is that the blog won't be about anything in particular, but in most part, about the odd, everyday things that happen. As a friend of mine says, "You can't make this stuff up. It really is stranger than fiction!"

The naming issue has really been bugging me (remember that nagging writing muse of mine?), and although I didn't plan on turning to Jimmy Buffet for inspiration, it just happened. I grabbed a CD of his on the way out of the office, listened (well, sang at the top of my lungs) on the way home, and realized that Buffet addresses the odd stuff in life a lot, too.

I came home, pulled up song lyrics on Margaritaville and found a bunch I liked, including: Growing Older but Not Up; At the Beach House on the Moon; The Coconut Telegraph; Pacing the Cage; Oysters and Pearls; and last, but not least, Semi-True Story. Wanting to put my own spin on One Particular Harbour (however slight it may be), I decided to drop the "One" and add "My," because it is gonna be a blog about stuff that happens that I see, hear, do, encounter, and think about.

So there. My first post is done, and I'm gonna go get a cheeseburger. Maybe.

No comments: