5.28.2005

No cheeseburgers here. ..

So last night, just after I finished my first post, I was told that we should see Supersize Me, since we'd never seen it. I'm game, because I'm intrigued about that, too. I think to myself, "Exactly how bad can 30 days of McDonald's be for you?"

Little did I know that it could be horrible, beyond horrible even. It got to the point where I didn't really want to watch Morgan eat more fries, hamburgers, or shakes! And, may I add, you see only one scene where he's eating a McD's salad - but I digress.

Nonetheless, I even got a bottle of water to drink during the movie. After we'd finished the movie, including all the special features (who are those McDonald's collector people anyway?!), I felt the need to do something physical. PM Yoga hit the spot.

I woke up nicely sore this morning, resolving never to eat such stuff again (especially after seeing the 10-week old McDonald's french fries; that put a whole new perspective on things). We did pretty well - a small bowl of Cherrios for breakfast, hiking with friends on the strenuous trail at Pilot Mountain. The hike was a refreshing reminder of the beauty of a place, even when the weather's not perfect. The rhododos and the mountain laurel were blooming. It was amazing.

I'm certain that I'll feel the effects of that hike shortly, but now I feel like I need a nap. Wish I could have slept in, but our friends have company coming tonight and they needed to go early this morning. Maybe after the nap I'll feel like reading several chapters of 'Strategic Management.' Or clean, but that's a whole different subject & perhaps a future post.

No comments: