12.31.2007

A Look Back . . .

T minus five hours until 2008 arrives. Happy New Year!

Just have a quick minute before I go to have a fabulous (I hope!) lasagna dinner with some old friends, an acquaintance from high school (she remembers me; me, not so much) and some other people I honestly don't know. Then, we'll be off to Tanglewood, where we'll be walking the 5K through the Festival of Lights. Probably the only way to experience the lights, I'm convinced.

Expect two late posts (really, I wanted to do these today, and it just didn't happen) about whether I accomplished the List for 2007 (as well as the new List for 2008) and, because I think it would be interesting, a review of the quotes I've included at the bottom of my emails. They probably match my mood on the blog; I can promise that they match the mood in my personal writing, but that's not for general consumption.

Completely unrelated: I've figured out how to completely wipe a hard drive (well, as much as you can wipe one without drilling holes through the motherboard and melting other parts of it). It's not the easiest, but it's done. Goodwill got the computer and I feel good that the mercury and lead in the computer didn't get put into the landfill.

And because I have no focus, there's seven-layer dip in front of me and it's almost time to go have lasagna, I'll bid adieu for now.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy New Year hon! :) Glad you came last night!

Liz said...

Same to you! My hips don't hurt . . . I think. I'm trying not to move!