12.29.2007

Slow Saturday

Yes, it's been a slow Saturday. I've been cooking, reading and napping. Not much else, but at least there's Indian Potato Chicken Curry in the crock, apple coffee cake and brownies to be had in my house.

And, I've gotten into this present from Santa: Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life by Queen Noor. I've wanted it for years, so I'm glad Santa brought it to me. So far, so good. I'm already wishing I could have her sign it for me. Need to go update Goodreads . . .

Oh, and anyone got any good suggestions for the quote I'm going to put on my library wall above the desk? Needs to be something that I won't get sick of quickly. I'll post a photo after I get it in and hung.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've got a quote for you, but I've got to find it. Oh, and your Santa sounds pretty cool! ;) Wish you'd been able to hang tonight, but hope the movie is good.

Ashley said...

"My library
Was dukedom large enough." from THE TEMPEST by Shakespeare


"To add a library to a house is to give that house a soul." -- Cicero (I've always loved this quote!)


"Make thy books thy companions. Let thy cases and shelves be thy pleasure grounds and gardens." --Judah ibn Tibbon


"Being a writer in a library is rather like being a eunuch in a harem." --John Braine (I just thought this was funny - not a serious recommendation)