6.03.2008

Why Yoga Makes Me Cry . . .

I'm intrigued because I've heard that it's not so unusual and I'm doing a good bit of crying in yoga myself these days.

And, since I'm on the subject: I absolutely love the Beginner's Yoga class at the Central Y, taught by Teresa. I'm not such a beginner and it's still pretty challenging.

Three favorite poses:

courtesy www.harmoniousliving.co.za

Child's pose
Some days my bum actually gets to my heels. Some days not. But something about resting your head gently against the ground just feels good, safe, restful and complete.

courtesy mangO.net

Tree pose
My balance is so bad that I never thought I'd be able to do this. Granted, I still wobble a bit, but I love that I can get my foot to my inner thigh without falling.

courtesy yoga-ology.com

Warrior 2
They're not kidding when they say that this one fills you with feelings of strength and confidence. I'm never gonna turn down an opportunity to get more of those feelings.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Maybe the crying thing has somethng to do with relaxation? At any rate, it's far better to have tears than the amount of flatulence my fellow yoga person had a few months ago. It was so gross! I mean, it DID NOT stop for like 40 minutes.