6.09.2008

You Need Yoda

I recently visited the Oak Hollow Market, on the corner of Hwy. 68 and Hwy. 311 in High Point to pick up a St. Francis for my yard. I've known about this place for years, from my time when I worked at the college and would drive by every single day. Never did take the time to stop in, but I finally did this past week.

I'm glad I did. It's such a fabulous place that I now wonder why people don't have more cool statuary in their yards. They've got tiny stuff (little turtles and frogs) to fountains to religious icons to gargoyles to the standard lions to great big angels and forest nymphs.

Just a fabulous collection.

And everyone needs a Yoda.

Or a jolly buddha.





4 comments:

Ashley said...

Did you get a photo of any nymphs or elves??? I'm thinking one belongs in my garden - what a great place!

Anonymous said...

Wow... you're right... I think I do need Yoda. :) Well, maybe not need... How much was he?

Jessica said...

Um, that thing on the bottom is very cool! :) Why have I never been there? Maybe we can go one weekend.

sarahsouth said...

love the buddha!! yoda's quite a catch too