12.07.2008

Christmas Favorite, No. 3

Angels.

Actually, angels are a year-round favorite for me, but at Christmas, the representations of them are almost omnipresent. I've actually got a nice little collection going and I'm starting to consider creating an angel tree at some point.

My fascination with angels isn't just because they're beautiful--let's face it, there are a bunch of angel representations out there that are very, very poorly done. It's more that I know that I've got several surrounding me all the time. Really, how else could it be explained that I haven't seriously hurt me/someone else in 31 years? Do you understand that my photo may someday be in Webster's listed under 'clumsy'?

And angels are often harbingers of good news. I can always stand more good news in my life, couldn't you?

No comments: