12.11.2008

Christmas Favorite No. 5

The people who emerge from their busy lives to take two seconds to remember you.

Like the vet. Who sends me (well, Gypsy) a card every year.

Like my peers, who send me notes to invite me to a party or who enjoy amazing chocolate with me at a professional meeting and ask me how I did it (the APR, I mean).

Like far-away family, who pops up in your email, having found you on LinkedIn, asking for a connection, because you really did mean that much when you were much closer.

Like college friends, whom I love dearly, and cross my mind when I write my annual Christmas letter.

Like people who just seem to show up in your life when you didn't expect them to--like my friend and former co-worker, Linda, and (shockingly) my former boss, Stephanie.

Like friends who are thrilled that we could actually work out the book club meeting, especially when you realize that no one really cares about this book, but about the people around us.

Like the reminders that God puts in your life about those you love, too. I've never seen so many cardinals.

No comments: