11.01.2007

The Madness Begins


Today is day one of NaNoWriMo. I'm done for today and looking for a widget that shows my word count on the side of the blog. 1671 words. Just 48,329 to go. Wow, that's a big number.
Otherwise, life is trucking along, except for the $1400 bill I got for the hoity-toity frou-frou doctor's exam that I had in APRIL. Yeah, I said APRIL. I got the bill yesterday. Let's see, that's, hmm, SEVEN MONTHS. *&^% who don't know how to do things in a timely manner. I'm going to try to figure out several things about this tomorrow:
  1. WHY did it take SEVEN MONTHS to send a bill?
  2. WHY it wasn't a covered expense. I understood - as did all parties around me - that it would be.
  3. WHY I wasn't told it wasn't a covered expense AT THE TIME.
  4. WHO'S going to pay it. If I've got to, I will, but the hoity-toity frou-frou exam wasn't worth $1400. They couldn't even tell me if my osteoporosis was improving.

Grr . . .

No comments: