9.28.2008

iTunes is the Greatest

But now, their great little invention is about to cost me a bunch of money, I can tell.

When you update iTunes to version 8, you're offered the opportunity to download Genius, which will automatically create playlists that play well together for you from your library. Grand.

That's not it, though. Those people at iTunes are smart and have Genius suggest songs which would go well with any song you're playing. For example, I played Enya's "How Can I Keep From Singing" (arguably my favorite hymn ever), and it suggested these fabulous additions.

  • Lullaby (with Ladysmith Black Mambazo); Josh Groban
  • The Andrew Lloyd Weber Collection, Sarah Brightman
  • Edge of the Ocean; Ivy
  • May it Be; Hayley Westenra & Conventus Choir
  • J'ai Deux Amours; Madeline Peyroux
  • Arms of a Woman; Amos Lee
So, perhaps I really just need to set aside some decent pocket change so I can have all the wonderful songs iTunes is suggesting now. *Sigh.*

No comments: