6.11.2005

Don't do it, Anakin!

Last night, mom, dad, and I went to see Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Neat, although I have to agree with the couple of reviews that I read that it gets a little slow at points. And, the writing could have been a bit better. For example, the short little plot development blurbs that happen - couldn't they have been more developed? Couldn't we have seen less fighting?

I have understood for years that George Lucas would make the first three movies of the first three trilogies - and I'm glad that he has. I've never read the books (although I'm usually one who does read the book before she sees the movie) and I've found the movies very entertaining. This one seemed as if they had to do it - it's such a pivotal point in creating the next trilogy. It certainly could have been done better. The others were better, although I do have to admit, I fell asleep at the end of Episode I or II (I can't remember which one) where all the small furry animals are partying.

Nonetheless, it's a good story, and as you sit in the theatre, you can't help but think, "Don't do it, Anakin! Don't do it!"

Oh well. Luke will get you later.

No comments: