6.17.2005

Sometimes, they're just so cute!

I like our airport, even though it's old. It keeps trying - they've added wireless internet, they've improved the food choices, and they're dealing with all the new homeland security stuff pretty well. They're even adding more gates (which I don't understand, because they don't have all of the gates "rented" now). And, for some reason, I've always thought that it meant we were more progressive than other areas.

In any case, I got the opportunity to visit the airport today, to pick up my husband from a trip. While there, I also got the opportunity to see human nature in action.

As many parents return from a trip, the other half is usually there. Of course, if there are kids, they are present as well. I can't tell you how many kids would see their mom or their dad and start running toward them, yelling, "Mommy!" or "Daddy!" It was so cute!

I even watched one small child, his older sister, and his obviously weary mother sitting at the waiting area for the passengers. This small child was crying, tired, and evidently missing his dad. "I want my Daddy, I want my daddy. . ." he said over and over. Less than ten minutes later, they'd seen their dad and the small child was literally trying to climb up him.

In any case, it made me think again that I could do the mommy thing - at least until I hear one crying about not being able to get on a plane himself! Guess that still passes pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he he, yup, you should just do it...you can always ignore the crying, right? Guess who?