6.09.2005

D**n website

Saturday's is our neighborhood association's house and garden tour. We haven't had one in several years. I sit on the board. Don't ask me how I got there. For the most part, I think it's swell. Then, there's the matter of this website.

At some point in the last year, someone decided that the neighborhood association should have a website. I tend to agree with them. And, of course, it was that meeting where everybody volunteers for committees. My first choice was the newsletter, because I tend to have a forte for them. But, someone who has sat on the board for years and years already had it, so I went for the next best thing - the website.

Well, it's taken forever to get content, find someone to host it, get the domain registered (and yet, I'm told that you can still buy domains for less than $5 at Yahoo!), and get the initial pages up, and then get the passwords to update the thing myself.

People really don't have any idea how long it takes to do such stuff! And yes, I'm an amateur on that, but I know more than most. So, take a look and tell me what you think. But if you don't like it, you've been warned.

No comments: