2.25.2007

She's so right.

Why, oh why, do parents ever even attempt to have a discussion about sex with their grown (or, for that matter, almost grown) children? Mamalikey shares her grand discussion with her mom here. Painful, but hilarious at the same time. Really, parents weren't born yesterday; do they really think such?

I suppose it happens with everyone, but I am incensed to think that my parents are much more liberal about sex and their children than they were when I was younger. Let's put it this way: they had an absolute and complete fit when they finally figured it out (through my own missteps, unfortunately), two boyfriends later.

My brother and sisters - I think they've had it easier. Course, that's what the oldest always does: blaze the way for the others.

And, why is it that one of the odd conversations isn't enough? Yep, as I was sharing with Jess a little tidbit about a duck that I'd like and how, if it were good, I'd give it to every one of the gals in my fam in my generation, mom walks in the kitchen and asks us what's funny.

Um, it's a girl thing, mom. Not really to be shared with mothers.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for coming along last night hon. Brian said that between our tip and the other rest. gals that he did well. I'll forward his mass report on that later. :)