2.21.2008

C'est la vie

$1191. Round-trip. GSO to CDG. Tomorrow. Seven days, at least.

*Sigh.* I wish.

I was there, once. The weather was horrible and the company wasn't any better. But the cheese and the coffee and the wine and the crepes and the gardens and the morning market that I so wanted to shop and the Metro and the flowers and the cobblestones and actually being able to understand some of the language. And the Seine and the art.

And mass in Notre Dame in a language I'm not yet fluent in, but with recognizable traditions that made me feel at home, nonetheless. And the Eiffel Tower at night, sparkling like a glass of champagne with a spotlight on it, so that all the bubbles danced and reflected the light in a million directions.

An American in Paris earlier this week did it, I think. 'Course, watching Sabrina didn't help much.

J'adore le Paris, mais je n'ai pas l'argent pour les vacances. Peut-etre un jour. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

One day. And we'll find the little wine shop that I love where they feed you nuts, and cheese, and bread. You pick the bottle and drink it there. Sooooo adorable. *sigh*

Where's my delay or cancellation?!