2.07.2008

The Season of Beautiful Sunsets

On my drive home today, I realized that it's now what I like to call "The Season of Beautiful Sunsets." I'm blessed because I get to drive in the direction of the sunset, as opposed to sneaking peaks at it in my rear-view mirror.

It's that time of year (which thankfully comes twice), where the sky is resplendent with color in the evening. It's the promise of the change from winter to spring, the promise of new life - or the promise of the change from fall to winter, the promise of the blessings of quiet introspection. It's the reminder that what is will pass and what will come is so much better. It begs the one who sees the sunset to dare to be sad or melancholy or upset, because it is so impossible to do so when presented with such beauty and the promise of peace. It's a season that gives me hope, which is greatly challenged in my life these days.

And over that 30 minute drive, the colors melted from a pale yellow to brilliant orange to a deep red and finally a lavender, before I had to turn the other direction. And I'd post a photo, but I hadn't realized I was so close to The Season, so the camera's not in the car - and the one in the phone won't do these sunsets justice. But the camera will be in the car tomorrow.

And tomorrow, there might be a photo of The Season posted here.

No comments: