2.09.2008

A Year of Quotes

I realized today, after cleaning up my inbox and reading some old emails, that I hadn't posted my list of quotes that accompanied my personal emails in 2007. As I mentioned, I'd say they pretty well mirror my 2007. And, ftm, I think they're all pretty great. Enjoy!

  • "If I am going to live in a fantasy world, I need to work on developing a more impressive fantasy." - Merrill Markoe
  • "Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." - Nora Ephron
  • "We give ourselves permission to grow, to live long and well, to prosper and be in good health." - Tawanka
  • "Life is about discomfort, and one of our tasks is to learn to live graciously in the midst of that discomfort.” - Anj
  • "It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anaïs Nin
  • “We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults." - George Eliot
  • “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." - Helen Keller

No comments: