8.21.2008

Tawanka Found This Funny

So do I. I'd seen it before, so it's not original nor can I attribute this to her, as I can for so many other things that she sent me while she was alive, but the email that comes next in the series doesn't apply right now. Guess that means someone reading this really needs to laugh, because this one's appropriate now.

Enjoy.
**************************************************************
(November 22, 1998)

John invited his mother over for dinner. During the meal, Mom couldn't help noticing how attractive and shapely the housekeeper was. She wondered if there was more going on than met the eye.

John told her, "I know what you must be thinking, Mom, but I assure you, my relationship with my housekeeper is purely professional."

A week later the housekeeper told John, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't think your mother took it, do you?"

So John sent a letter to his mother that read, "Dear Mother: I'm not saying you did take the gravy ladle, and I'm not saying you didn't, but the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner."

Several days later, John received a letter from his mother that said, "Dear Son: I'm not saying you sleep with your housekeeper, nor am I saying you don't. But the fact remains that if she were sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now. Love, Mom."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh; I actually never saw this one before.

Now for a little game. I've tagged you in my blog for a little blogger fun. Wanna play? Info and rules over here. Cheers!