5.27.2008

The Menagerie

Lo and behold: in my work email today, the Revolution Health enewsletter, which proclaims, "It's About Time for Yourself." Would have been more apropos before Saturday (and, in truth, I got it Thursday of last week, but didn't have a chance to look at it), but nonetheless, there are some good points included in this article. Try this one on for size:
When you leave yourself off the priority list, you actually cheat those you love out of the "whole" you. Instead, you bring to relationships "a diminished version of yourself," says psychologist Debra Moore, Ph.D., of Sacramento, CA.
And this one:
But if you take just 15 minutes each day to relax, your body will thank you in many ways, says McKee. You'll lower your blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen consumption.
Read more here.
**********************************

As was pointed out to me today, The Harbour (this blog that you're reading right this very second) is 3 years old today. Wanna know how it all began? Start here. Happy reading.

***********************************
Been thinking a lot about grief recently, for good reason, as those of you who have to deal with my rants about the unbelievable events that happen in my life are aware. (Bless you.) Thus, I've been doing a bit o' reading, as I'm wont to do, and I find this:
It is not healthy to avoid grief or to deny a major loss for a long period of time. Avoidance of grief may lead to serious physical or emotional problems later in life.
To which, I think, "Yikes. I'd better get cracking." I'd add more here (there's so much more I have to say on this subject), but it goes against The Rules for Blogging.

*************************************

Simply: Frozen Thin Mints rock. And I love that the rain smells so sweet right now. Just wish I had a front porch swing so that I could go drink my wine outside, opposed to inside by a window.

************************************
Reynolda Gardens this past Saturday:







2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok, the orange-y ones? I so need those for my garden!

Liz said...

Which ones? I can at least share the pic with you!