5.09.2007

These days . . .

it turns out, I'm figuring out a lot of what I want and need in my life through epiphanies. For example, the recent epiphany about wanting kids (yep, this is in direct contrast to my earlier thoughts about such), the recent epiphany about needing to tell my parents about the drama in my life, and the epiphany this morning that I want to garden, so I suppose I'll be gardening this Saturday morning.

All these epiphanies are hard to get used to. Makes me wonder what's coming at me next.

More from Grandma below . . .

********************************************************************************
(January 3, 1999 - 3:30 p.m.)

The earth is too small for all the lonely people to have missed each other completely. But the voice of loneliness seems to persist and deepen with every hour.

The Indian elder teaches the young person, "Learn to know and like yourself. Learn to be your own best friend." Learn the art of enjoyable solitude-----of having lunch with yourself and being comfortable about it. A person alone is unique. A lonely person shows it in his haunted stare.

Sometimes loneliness comes because we have not made room for anyone else. We need to stretch beyond our boundaries, step out of familiar territory, stop nursing emptiness and self-indulgence. Loneliness is looking for something to fill a void. Joy is expanding so that others want to share our lives.

May your way be blessed with life by the unifying force of the Great Holy Spirit.

Peace, Tawanka

No comments: