4.18.2008

Oooh, just for me? Really?

My girlfriends are the best, although it appears that there may be some sort of conspiracy regarding me and my non-existent love life. To wit: this email from Alli re: one of our nights in Belize:
"I am lining up an all-men review for you. Hope you don't mind . . . They will all have foreign accents and will simply adore you. It is going to be a "wicked party."
Te he. At least someone will enjoy the new Vickie's bikini I got this week. Oh my.

********************************************************************************
Undercurrent tonight:


***************************************************************
Thoughts on friendship, prompted by the February 2008 issue of Wine Spectator (odd, I know):
Aristotle takes philia to be both necessary as a means to happiness ("no one would choose to live without friends even if he had all the other goods" [1155a5–6]) and noble or fine (καλόν) in itself. (More here at Wikipedia.)
And this sad, sad fact:
The number and quality of friendships for the average American has been declining since at least 1985, according to a 2006 study. The study states that 25% of Americans have no close confidants, and that the average total number of confidants per person has dropped to 2.
More here, also at Wikipedia. Oy veh.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Ask and you shall receive!

If you would like more of them to show up than what was originally planned I will copy a link of the bikini on my facebook account and tell them you will be wearing it...

Liz said...

More than originally planned? What are you trying to do to me, girl?!

Just kidding. See you soon.