4.18.2008

What #2 Will Be Like

if I have anything to say about it (and I have quite a bit of say about it).

I want to stand at attention, draw my sword, and say, “I would die for you, my lady.” I want to run circles around the couch with my arms out like airplane wings, shouting “Look at me. I love you more than anyone ever did.” I want to pull those eyes close, and everyone go away. Go away! How dare you be here. How dare the earth and time hold anything but this moment. And I think this moment is owed to us, that the world should stop and there be nothing for as long as we need there to be nothing. And if time moves on and those eyes return to that paper, I feel that I’ve lost something which, in truth, I never had. And it’s the saddest, loneliest thing to know it.
More here, courtesy of RLP. It's pretty awesome writing.

2 comments:

Alli said...

oooohhhh! I really like that!

Liz said...

Alli, Did you choke up just like I have EVERY SINGLE TIME I'VE READ THIS?

It's amazing. I'm jealous. I want that!