4.24.2008

Stress Manifestiations in My Life

It's been a crazy week. Need evidence?

1) I'm driving the CR-V like it's an Indy 500 car.
2) I'm really, really upset that my CD player works when it wants to and doesn't when I want it to.
3) The CDs that I've gotten to play have been turned up really, really loud.
4) I'm considering buying some Eminem. And My Chemical Romance.
5) I slept four hours last night and had two cups of real coffee this morning. I slept about as much the evening before.
6) 25 appointments. 5 days. Enough said.
7) I have an intense and bizarre need to run, oh, say 10 miles, hard.
8) Things done pre-Belize:
  • Mowed
  • Laundry
  • Found the passport
  • Put the right docs in the safe box
  • Tell the credit cards not to accept US purchases for a while, since I won't be here
9) Things still to be done pre-Belize:
  • Dishes
  • Vacuum
  • PACK!
  • Photocopy the passport
  • Talk to my dear sis about my power of attorney
  • Trash out
  • Oh, finish work. Real work, that I get paid for. Lots of it.
10) I want everything on the list that motivates me. And right now, I can have very, very little of it. Luckily (?), challenge is one of those. Godiva, lots of good wine, etc., etc., etc. - just not happening today.

11) I'm believing that I need a hero right now. (Shrek 2 is what's in the CD player right now . . .) You know, this kind of hero?
I need a hero
I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
Larger than life
I don't. I can do it. Really. Maybe.

Well, at least I'm gonna try.

No comments: