6.24.2007

Ahh, the weekend

I may be closing in on my harbour these days, especially after the day I had yesterday. Yes, it was ridiculously busy, but the party at the end of the day was completely worth it. I always worry that people I invite from that county to the east will decide the drive won't be worth it, so I'm still amazed and thrilled that I can get people to travel that far for a little food and a beer or two.

Still, there's mulch to be spread and weeds to be killed. But it's probably not going to happen today.

Today is sit around and do whatever I want to do day. Like ponder my sister's request that we publish Tawanka's emails. I know I've mentioned this before to certain individuals - and have been heartily encouraged to do so. The idea of actually writing the book is the one that's scary. Nonetheless, the idea continues to present itself, so I suppose it might actually be time to explore it.

I could see how this could turn into something bigger, even. While my grandmother was quite prolific with her emails at the end of her life, she always had great stories to tell. I know there are stories about wolves, about moose, about bears, her long-time postman, her foster children, her natural children, etc. The thought of collection those though, at this point, seems insurmountable. There would definitely be a trip or two to the west coast involved. Right now, I don't have the time (or the money) for that. Maybe in a couple of years . . .

No comments: