6.06.2007

Rules (part II)

Today, I received the following email from a dear friend. It helps to know that the daughter is in grade school.

Everything I really need to know, I learned in my daughter's classroom. Here are the class rules:
1. Listen.
2. Do your work.
3. Be kind.
4. Clean up.

A short while later, another friend added this to the list: 5. Smile.

The question that immediately popped into my head, after these emails, was this: Were these profound thoughts a product of the teacher's brain or were they collected from the learned knowledge of the children? (I am always amazed at the perspective with which children see, especially when that perspective is used to educate an adult.)

Regardless of the genesis, the simplicity of these truths is perhaps what resonates most.

Makes me want to print it and post it - everywhere.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Have to give credit where it's due: Thanks to Ms. Sue Hurley for the rules.

Jessica said...

Too cute! Talked to E about the beach trip and she thinks just taking the 2 cars would be fine.......... We'll work it out further when it gets closer. ;)