6.04.2007

Strength

(January 15, 1999)

Feeling drained and weak in the knees is not so much a physical problem as an emotional one. Too much pressure drains away strength and we feel we are going to pieces.

Inertia and lightheadedness may be the result of having to face something that seems beyond our power to overcome. But these will dissolve when met with strong words of strength and faith.

As soon as strength takes hold and begins to flow again, we know we have struck down something so wily and subtle that it was both real and imaginary. But nothing has power against strong words: "I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick."

And then we can ride the waves of our emotions like a canoe and not upset among the waves.

Peace, Tawanka

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I keep trying to remember your grandma. I think I met her 1x when we were in high school, but your family was so big that I don't remember much. I remember that she was nice.......

Liz said...

She was a really great woman. In fact, I feel certain that you remember stories Dad was telling Mary in Nature Company about her . . . She always said I should write a book about her. Perhaps I will.

I'll also get dad to email me a photo of her - or scan the one of both of my grandmothers that I love.

Jessica said...

That would be good, i'd love to see those pics. And she seems to have been a true wise woman. A book would be an interesting venture........