6.09.2007

I'm ready for my library . . .

Ok, well not really. I do have two other rooms to fill with furniture first, but I simply couldn't pass up the purchase I made today for the library.

I got a typewriter. :)

Yep, a typewriter. Completely mechanical. It's little, but heavy. It's light blue with white keys that you've got to hit really hard, even when it's on the lightest pressure setting. ('Course, I'm used to having to type lightly for the computer, so I think that's the difference. The keys aren't sticking; it just takes a lot more power to get them to move than I expected!)

I am all sorts of thrilled. Other library plans: different rug, papasan chair, coffee table, simple desk, bookcases. Curtains, made with a specific fabric that I saw years ago at 1502 Fabrics.

So, anyone know where I can get extra 4mm typewriter ribbon??

5 comments:

Jim said...

I'm guessing it's a Royal.

Jessica said...

What, we don't get pictures?

Liz said...

Not a Royal. It's a Webster. Smaller than my laptop. :)

Pictures after I convince my friend Sanjay to actually send me the copy of Photoshop for which I've been asking since December. Guess I'll send him another email now.

Jessica said...

Why do you need to photoshop it? Oh, and check ebay, you may be able to find typewriter ribbons there. :)

Ashley said...

LOVE the typewriter!!! I have one as well, and it's fabulous. Ribbon - I've had success online and at small, privately/locally owned office supply shops back in NC.

PS - call me.

-Ashley