3.16.2008

Bragging Rights

My youngest sister, Deb, was informed recently that a grant she wrote as an Americorps volunteer at Boat People SOS was a winner in a competition. Well, not just a winner; it took top prize in the World Proposal Championships, earning $5,000 for the non-profit where she spent two years as an almost-paid volunteer. It was the best out of several hundred submitted from around the world. You can read more about it here. Congrats, baby girl. You've got the right stuff and you've proved it again!

And, while I'm bragging on my sister, let me just say that she can also rumba like nobody's business. And cha cha. And jive. And she loves it. You can tell. She and a stand-in partner competed at yesterday's Triangle Open Dancesport Championships. Though it was a long day, I'm now glad to say that I've gotten to see her dance in competition in person.


(Yes, the photos are a bit fuzzy. They were dancing too fast for the camera! I needed to up the ISO speed, but couldn't remember how! In any case, realize that the entire dress is fringe and you can see that fringe in the last picture - completely perpendicular to the floor!)

And the last bit of my bragging rights for the day: No. 1 North Carolina Claims ACC Crown. Sorry, Clemson, but I'm glad you guys beat those other guys in blue yesterday. Bring on the brackets . . . and let March Madness begin!

No comments: