3.22.2008

Living Authentically, part 1

There's more to this topic than what I'm posting now; the thoughts are still formulating in my brain. But I was forwarded a blog post that had this great little gem in it: "If I pretend to myself that I’m different from the way I truly am, I’m going to make choices that won’t make me happy."

It's just a different way of saying, "I need to live authentically. I need to be myself - and when I am, my life will be that much more full, that much more satisfying, that much more MINE and not someone else's."

Read more at The Happiness Project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. This is a sign from the gods that I gotta make some choices. I did not expect such enlightenment this morning, and now I gotta deal with harsh reality. Good grief, why did reading this (and deciding to choose happiness) make me miserable??? ugh. Liz, I bet you didn't know you were giving me a swift kick in the ass, did ya? :),
Amanda

Liz said...

Sorry it had that affect on you, Amanda! You know, sometimes what makes us happiest is the hardest thing to do - because all we can see is the pain we have to go through. I can see how that might be a good time to be able *not* to live in the moment. But the pain is what makes the good worth it. It wouldn't be nearly as good, otherwise.