3.29.2008

Sometimes, I'm a bird

You know, easily amused by shiny stuff? I swear, if I were a crow, my nest would only have silver tinsel in it.

Anyway, here's the shiny stuff that's caught my attention this morning and over the past week:
- Google's dark. They cut out the lights for Earth hour this evening from 8 p.m.-9 p.m. No, it's not going dark the way I describe it; the site's actually in reverse. It's a nice reminder, as I'd intended (and if I'm at home, still intend to) take advantage of Earth Hour. (Unfortunately, I think the fine people at Earth Hour have gotten themselves a nice Google-induced problem: their site is down because it's being slammed with traffic. It's a good problem to have, unless you really want to get your message out.)

- It's raining. My plants, which I've tried to water pretty consistently this week, should be even happier today. Now, the winery trip? We'll see. At least there's wine.

- This singer, who was mentioned to me in the last week. It's quite rare that I go to buy a CD in less than three hours after "discovering" someone. Even more so, considering that you can listen to the entire CD just by keeping a web window open on her site. It's made it into iTunes here and the iPod. It'll make it into iTunes at work next week. Jess has got a copy of it, too. I'm seriously thinking about chatting with the friends who run The Garage to see if they'll bring her in. She's just good.

No comments: