3.14.2008

Pink Snow?

No, not exactly, but pink it is. And it's the kind of pink that will bring me some green. My house (well, my attic) now is full of insulation, to where you can consider it R-49 and then some (because of the really, really thin and poorly distributed cellulose insulation underneath it).

It didn't take too, too long - we had most of it finished in about four hours - and dad so graciously agreed to finish the rest of it after that. So it's done.

In my quest to make my house more energy efficient, my next step will be to install a flue in the chimney, to insulate under the floors, to insulate the walls, insulate the hot water pipes and replace the rest of the windows that haven't been replaced yet (7 down, 12 left). The easiest stuff is slowly coming off of the list. The rest of the list may wait until I've got the HELOC for it, though!

No comments: