3.13.2008

It's Time to Write . . .

As I am occasionally wont to do, I was cleaning up my email and found a particular one that has lit the fire under my muse's proverbial behind and she now demands that I write. She has kicked my editor out of the building and I could probably crank out a good 3K this evening, but alas I'm telling her to cool it - at least until tomorrow. I've got real writing for work to do (yes, at home), this blog post to finish (which I've thought about writing, oh, about six times in the past three days) and books I'd much rather be reading.

'Course, now that she's gone to sulk in the corner of my subconscious, I'll probably be lucky if she decides to come back out tomorrow evening. Fickle *&^%$.

And a little randomness from my life, because it's oh-so-interesting:
- Love this chapter that my friend Amanda found on Goodreads. Particularly like this quote: "She is unique and utterly herself and that is close to the heart of the reason you love her . . ."

-
synerG on Tap at the Weatherspoon Art Museum. Good night. No new volunteers for the tourney, but a good night. ;)

- My fine luck: April 29 Buffet is coming to Charlotte! Yeah! Finally! After skipping the Carolinas completely in 2007, he's coming back around. Ok, so who's buying the tickets? Oh wait . . . I'll be in Belize. Guess it's just another reason to go see him in New Orleans at the Jazz Fest one of these years. Or keep a better eye out for Freddie . . .

- My fine luck, part deux: The client meeting that will keep me from watching the ACC tourney on the big screen in the big, beautiful conference room tomorrow and probably drinking green beer. Back to the mantra: "It IS a good thing to be more than 100% billable. It is a good thing to be more than 100% billable. It IS a good thing . . ."

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I thought you were going to a buffet in Charlotte, and then I realized Buffett was coming to Charlotte. Teehee!

Liz said...

Gee, and you know I don't eat at buffets . . .