3.20.2008

My "well"

Today, my dear friend, Jess, sends me this blog post: 'Filling The Well'. It's good enough that it made (makes?) me cry.

And so, tonight I'm filling my well (Please, get your mind out of the gutter for just half a second. I know, I know, the gutter is a great place to be, but my well will not be filled with anything other than a bit o' duck time, in that sense.)

So, here's my plan for my perfect evening:
- Cajun pizza from CPK (find it at the Teeter)
- Most of the bottle of 2006 Les Jamelles Pinot Noir (from Whole Foods)
- Blogging - with the requisite "cat-in-the-lap"
- Journaling in the brand new journal I picked up earlier this week at Border's
- Gloating over the fact that I'm still winning the NCAA March Madness office pool - and hoping that doesn't change drastically after the first (or second or third or fourth - or even the final) round ends. I could use the money, you see. And yeah, I might watch some basketball. Or I might not. It doesn't really matter.
- Prepping my desk for the frenzy of buying Buffet tickets in the morning
- Hitting the hot tub and watching the moon, but bemoaning the lack of stars because of the overwhelming amount of moonlight.
- Reading The Little Prince as I fall asleep

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The moon is so much better than stars anyway............

Liz said...

It's nice, but I've got thing for stars, you see. (Why do you think they're always on my hip?)

Had someone tell me recently that wine, hot tub and the stars "sounded like heaven." :) Yeah, I think so.