3.18.2008

Quietly Making Noise

(c) Margaritaville.com

That's the plan. In Raleigh, Saturday, June 7, 2008. Jimmy Buffet announced for Charlotte last week, but I won't be able to attend that one. So, I was thrilled to hear today that all us Parrotheads would be "Quietly Making Noise" in Raleigh! I might just have to break out my new Margaritaville shirt this week to celebrate!

I've been pondering (for quite a while) an open to letter to dear Jimmy on this blog, basically begging him not to forget about his beloved Carolina again this year! I was so distraught that he hadn't announced by this time last year for Carolina that I WENT TO CHARLESTON to ask about it at the Margaritaville store there. (No, that wasn't the only reason, but damned if I didn't make sure I hit the Margaritaville store.)

You know, they tell stories of him landing the Goose in Wilmington. That he and the Fishsticks show up to do a show somewhere in Wrightsville Beach. That he's got ridiculous requests from his performance venues (new golf clubs is a popular one I hear). That THIS CONCERT (every year) is going to be his final tour; he'll never tour again after THIS YEAR (insert year here).

Yeah, it's probably all conjecture and urban legend. But the concert's worth it. It's the experience. I mean, how many people can say they've stood outside in a tornado on July 4th for their favorite singer? How many people know there's a strategy to getting Buffet tix? That you pull up the website and you try the phone number on both the house phone and the cell phone? You've got less than 10 minutes. Ready, get set . . . gone!

It's "The Year of Still Here!" Fins up!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't know that I know the song Quietly Making Noise....... I stick mostly to the old school offerings I guess.

Can't say that I've stood in a 4th of July tornado, but I can say that I hung out in a limo in the parking lot during said tornado. Hmmmmmm, that concert was a bit of a foggy memory. ;)

*whistling* Memories.......

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I have tickets to the Charlotte show... just couldn't take the chance that Raleigh would come through... I've got my parrot on 365... it's nice to be able to flaunt it to people who know what it stands for... :)

Liz said...

Jess - Neil - I realized, right after buying the tix yesterday, that it's the weekend of the Emancibration! What better way to celebrate than at Buffet!